Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

ApokDW2017. It's BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Apok Posted 28-09-2016, 09:42 PM -
Drop Bear Squadron Leader

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is with great pleasure that I can confirm that DW2017 is back on the trooping calendar. Book in the weekend of the 27th and 28th of May 2017 to be a part of the largest and the most exciting troop in the Southern Hemisphere!!

Through some persuasion, pleading and I'm guessing some great feedback from the general public, Disney have changed their minds and given us the go ahead to run this event next year and for the foreseeable future.

There are a few minor stipulations that do not affect the event itself or it's running. More of the behind the scenes and marketing restrictions that do not affect the great work that we do with this event.

I'm sorry we had to go through the cancellation of DW this year, but this is the time to make this event count even more and show Disney and the Legion just how we do things here in Australia.

To make things even more spectacular for all those interstate troopers, we will be holding the Galactic Empire Charity Ball on the 3rd of June 2017.

This means we will be able to have a 9 day Star Wars extravaganza running from the 27th of May to the 4th of June. This is going to be a week and a half of fun and trooping excellence with a lovely black tie event thrown in.

More information will be up in the coming few weeks, but the dates are locked in.

Roll on DW2107!

Apok
Redback Garrison
Commanding Officer
http://www.501st.com.au
Back to top Find
Offline Moo Posted 29-09-2016, 04:57 AM -
Tatooine Member

Fantastic news!

Looks like we all owe you a beer or 2 for your hardwork. Thanks Apok!

[Image: h3e9BHK.png]
Back to top Find
Offline Cyclops Posted 29-09-2016, 05:36 AM -
Banned

This will be the biggest event we've ever had the opportunity to be involved in , from a purely charity aspect I hope people embrace it and give it the enthusiasm it deserves and sign on , put a rebel presence in the public eye , if we/you want credibility this is your chance .
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)