Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

SandmanPlans/Ideas for start of 2013

Offline The Sniper Posted 11-03-2013, 08:40 AM -
<span style="color: #FF00FF;"><strong>Fallen Rebel Hero</strong></span>

I was thinking/looking at an unafficial RL shirt from these guys:

http://www.coastalexpressions.com.au/

Maybe a gold and white shirt with green writing, the Tatooine Base sign in one corner and "May the force be with you" on the other side. I asked last time I was down the coast a few weeks ago and they quoted me about $35 per shirt.

Know there has been talk of a casual shirt over on the RL main forums, but a lighter, cooler polo neck shirt made of cotton suitable for Queensland could better.

Not sure how this stand when it comes to merc rules, just thinking out aloud.Big Grin
Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 11-03-2013, 10:33 AM -
Tatooine Member

yeah, ive been looking at shirts as well as formal shirts tooo, maybe throw some designs around and post them in a new thread... only thing is gotta wait till 9th Sept to make them. sigh.
Back to top Find
Offline The Sniper Posted 11-03-2013, 02:03 PM -
<span style="color: #FF00FF;"><strong>Fallen Rebel Hero</strong></span>

Ok, so we have to wait until Sept 9 before we can make merc. No problems, I'll stop derailing this thread and keep on track, sure we can start a casual shirt thread later. Smile
Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 11-03-2013, 03:32 PM -
Tatooine Member

no harm in designing and getting thoughts/ideas together.
Back to top Find
Offline Fyr Mureys Posted 13-04-2013, 11:38 AM -
Rebel Legion Member

We asked the RL Merchandise officer about that in Tython base.

Nada on any Merch while on probation. Tatooine was on probation from when the Plenipotentiary was announced, before the other bases peeled away. Any base on probation has a six month ban on producing Merch with base logos, although we may be able to get away with generic RL Merch.

I have been thinking about the smatshirts, there was an early discussion on getting a lightweight version of the black/green Tatooine shirt similar to the Redback shirts. I suspect that Tatooine may be able to get away with making more shirts using an existing approved design on new cloth. You could argue that it's a re-run of an previously approved shirt, just using a different material. Otherwise, you will have to wait the six months to get original designs approved.

Sept 9 seems a bit long, Sandman, are you sure of that? I was looking at August 13 as the Merch deadline for Tython. If Sept 9 is the 12 month mark, wouldn't March 9 be your six month probation block on Merch?
(This post was last modified: 13-04-2013, 11:41 AM by Fyr Mureys.)
Back to top Find
Offline Payney Posted 13-04-2013, 11:47 AM -
Master Droid Builder

I'm pretty sure Sandy said that because of all the commotion TB has caused within the RL we got slapped with 12 months Sad
(This post was last modified: 13-04-2013, 11:47 AM by Payney.)
Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 13-04-2013, 02:09 PM -
Tatooine Member

yes i plan or should i say WE TB plan to redesign the smart formal shirts into something cooler for our weather and to look professional amongst all the "team racing shirts" that are being created all over the world now.
Back to top Find
Offline Fyr Mureys Posted 13-04-2013, 04:34 PM -
Rebel Legion Member

Tatooine has a 12 month probation from the kerfuffle last year. The new bases also have 12 month probation as standard in the charter for new bases. In the charter for new bases, they can start producing merch with logos while on probation after the first six months have passed. I suspect that it should be the same for Tatooine. I shall discuss this with the other Australian BCOs and the LCO. The reasons for the probation has resolved, we may have a chance to have Tatooine probation handled the same way as the rest of Australian bases.
Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 13-04-2013, 06:43 PM -
Tatooine Member

thats my plan Fyr, after we get past the Major troop of Dreamworld then ill be writing up a statement and approach all COs/BCOs to see if we can have our Ps lifted.
Back to top Find
Offline Fyr Mureys Posted 13-04-2013, 06:50 PM -
Rebel Legion Member

True. But give us a chance to do it quietly among the other BCOs here in Australia before you go beating the drums, we may be able to get support for you organised ahead of time.
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
2 Guest(s)