Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

ShalenthiaNew Member

Offline Shalenthia Posted 04-06-2016, 07:50 PM -

Hello all Smile

Looking at trying to get a costume started. I have no making skills whatsoever, so being pointed in the right direction to find someone to help me would be great.

I'm looking at the possibility of Satele Shan.

I have to admit, I am comparing this to an Imperial character, Seventh Sister, to see which is going to be more affordable :s Trust me, if I could do both I would.

Satele would be better suited to the queensland weather I think.

Well, I hope someone out there is able to assist me Smile

Many Thanks

Shalenthia
Back to top Find
Offline TripleSix Posted 04-06-2016, 11:59 PM -
awesome new member

Welcome aboard! I am only relatively new to costuming as well so I won't be much help but it wont be long until there's some good pointers coming your way.

Just make sure you read as much as you can before starting. And ask heaps of questions Smile
Back to top Find
Offline Moo Posted 05-06-2016, 07:45 AM -
Tatooine Member

Welcome welcome welcome!

Both are excellent choices in costumes in my opinion, but I do have a soft spot for a Jedi.

As nix said, ask loads of questions.

Also, not sure if you've seen this but it may give you an idea of what you're looking at needing costume wise - http://www.rebellegion.com/satele-shan/

[Image: h3e9BHK.png]
Back to top Find
Offline Shalenthia Posted 05-06-2016, 10:07 AM -

(05-06-2016, 07:45 AM)Moo Wrote: Welcome welcome welcome!

Both are excellent choices in costumes in my opinion, but I do have a soft spot for a Jedi.

As nix said, ask loads of questions.

Also, not sure if you've seen this but it may give you an idea of what you're looking at needing costume wise - http://www.rebellegion.com/satele-shan/

would love Satele as the Brisbane weather can be quite warm :/ the Seventh Sister is scaring me a little being fully covered in black...on 40 degree days :/ I don't know how stormtroopers do it.

But I will need as much help as possible, I know no sources, have no making skills and being relatively new in Australia, don't have any contacts or know too many people :/

Hoping to find the help I need here Smile
Back to top Find
Offline Moo Posted 06-06-2016, 10:49 AM -
Tatooine Member

(05-06-2016, 10:07 AM)Shalenthia Wrote: would love Satele as the Brisbane weather can be quite warm :/ the Seventh Sister is scaring me a little being fully covered in black...on 40 degree days :/ I don't know how stormtroopers do it.

But I will need as much help as possible, I know no sources, have no making skills and being relatively new in Australia, don't have any contacts or know too many people :/

Hoping to find the help I need here Smile

Whereabouts are you located? I'm fairly new to all this myself (I've been lurking in the shadows for some time though).

Pretty similar in the aspect that I have no skills in creating a costume myself (the folks here also blow my mind with what they are able to make).

Pretty sure there's a few people in here that do commission work, or have a lot of knowledge they would be happy to share.

[Image: h3e9BHK.png]
Back to top Find
Offline Apok Posted 06-06-2016, 01:22 PM -
Drop Bear Squadron Leader

Hit up mammasith. She does commission work and is awesome. She should be able to help you out.
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 08-06-2016, 08:57 AM -

Hi and welcome to TB.

Mammasith may definitely be one to talk to. Or if any of our other Seamstress / sewing experts would like to put up their hands?

You'll find many of us come into this with no skill, or knowledge. But we all either learn how to do what we do, or that which we cannot, we commission someone to do for us. Smile

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Shalenthia Posted 08-06-2016, 03:34 PM -

thank you all for the kind and warm welcome Smile I look forward to getting a costume together and trooping with you all Big Grin
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)