Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

MooGeneric Jedi WIP

Offline Moo Posted 10-04-2016, 05:08 PM -
Tatooine Member

Hiya folks.

Unfortunately I haven't had much time to work on creating a Jedi since I initially joined the forums (some 6 or 7 months ago).

So far I have the full Obi Wan costume from cosplaysky. Unfortunately due to my skinny limbs (and an unwavering beer belly) the fit is not quite right. I'm not too concerned as I can just have the costume altered for a better fit. The hood on the robe itself seems a little small for a Jedi, so I will be looking at purchasing (or making, depending how brave I'm feeling) a new one.

I plan on taking a drive out to Aussie World to pick up some boots at Costume Creations by Robyn, hopefully within the next couple of weekends.

I'm thinking this belt that Hopfot linked in the Jedi Costuming Resources, as it comes with capsules. Not too sure about the pouches though, as they look a little too plasticy, so I may have to source the pouches elsewhere.
(http://www.thecostumebase.com/obi-deluxe...cessories/)

I've got the sabers covered with a few previous purchases from Ultrasabers. I plan on weathering a Dark Initiate V4, in the hopes of making it a little more silver/light looking (being an all black hilt I think it looks a little strange for a Jedi). If that doesnt work out I have a Sentinel V4 or an Overlord I can use also (although I will need to change the led in the Overlord as it is red).

I'm also curious to see if any one here knows of an Aussie vendor to get a Kel Dor mask/gloves (not for costume purposes, but more as a display purchase) that doesn't require too much work to look good (if any).

Hopefully life and work is smooth sailing for the next month or so (touch wood) so I can really get stuck into it.

ps: I'll look at putting up some pictures as I go.

[Image: h3e9BHK.png]
Back to top Find
Offline Moo Posted 21-05-2016, 06:45 PM -
Tatooine Member

So I finally got myself organised and took a drive out to Aussie World, to visit Costume Creations by Robin. Picked up a pair of boots finally.
The issue I'm facing at the moment is that I have incredibly skinny legs (something the Shop Attendant and my girlfriend found pretty amusing).
Other than working out and never skipping a leg day, does anyone have any possible solutions? The foot fits perfectly, it's just my calves are too skinny.

[Image: DSC_0043_zps5rhr3w3j.jpg]

ps: I was wearing chinos that are skinnier than my actual Jedi pants (they were drying from being washed so I couldn't try them on together).
Perhaps a looser, more billowy Jedi pant may help cover this issue up? Alternatively I could continue searching for other boots if all else fails.
(This post was last modified: 21-05-2016, 06:49 PM by Moo.)

Back to top Find
Offline Mortogg Posted 22-05-2016, 04:33 AM -

Those boots look nice, best option for the top of the boots if you are worried about them being to open is to wear some baggier pants. Don't want them to closed in that you'd never get your foot inside.

Tatooine Base Commanding Officer.
Offline Moo Posted 23-05-2016, 04:52 PM -
Tatooine Member

Thanks Mortogg. I think they will not be as noticeable with my Jedi pants on *fingers crossed.

Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 26-05-2016, 08:11 PM -

I just have to say, on the skinny leg faact..... damn you. Tongue
I have trouble fitting into most if not all, riding boots. Because of my calf muscles.

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Moo Posted 28-05-2016, 07:58 AM -
Tatooine Member

(26-05-2016, 08:11 PM)Hopfot Wrote: I just have to say, on the skinny leg faact..... damn you. Tongue
I have trouble fitting into most if not all, riding boots. Because of my calf muscles.

My girlfriend gets very jealous of my legs Whistle

Back to top Find
Offline Moo Posted 11-06-2016, 03:01 PM -
Tatooine Member

So I had a notsobig brown box day on Thursday, but have been absolutely swamped at work, so only got around to opening it today.

[Image: 20160610_174003_zpswktvdsai.jpg]

Inside was a Jedi Belt set from Costumebase.

[Image: 20160610_174413_zpsd0tzxtak.jpg]

Now begins the task of altering the tabards so they sit more in a Y shape.
*Fingers crossed.

Back to top Find
Offline Moo Posted 25-06-2016, 06:07 PM -
Tatooine Member

So I've been sitting at this stage for about a week or two now, and I was hoping to get some input from you fine folk, to see what you think should be adjusted/fixed etc.

[Image: 13536035_10153486252480938_71884562_n_zps2rruv3yy.jpg]
I wasn't too sure about the collar, because it sits a bit away from my neck (not sure if it's too much of an issue, but I guess I would like to see it sit a bit more flush against me).

[Image: 13535877_10153486252455938_145608490_n_zpsbrxg7tql.jpg]
the visible vecro section at the back of the belt should be an easy fix with assistance to put it on properly (or making some sort of cover for it so it is not so exposed). Also just getting assistance in sitting everything properly should help even the tabards out a little.

[Image: 13521808_10153486252460938_424994418_n_zpsn5fugy5q.jpg]

Anything that sticks out as a must do, I would be very appreciative to hear.

On a side note, I was thinking of potentially doing a generic Kel Dor Jedi. I've seen some videos on Youtube of one from Tattooine Base (I think it is Kit Daeme?). Would anyone happen to know where he sourced his mask/gloves from?

Thanks Rebels Wink

Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 29-06-2016, 11:09 AM -

It all looks perfectly fine to me. Just needs some adjustment in sitting as you said. But I reckon it looks a shoe in. Have you got a hooded robe also?

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Moo Posted 29-06-2016, 06:41 PM -
Tatooine Member

(29-06-2016, 11:09 AM)Hopfot Wrote: It all looks perfectly fine to me. Just needs some adjustment in sitting as you said. But I reckon it looks a shoe in. Have you got a hooded robe also?

I do, but the hood is too small to meet the appropriate standards (it came with the tunic set).

I'll be doing a search online to try and source one, but more than likely I may send one of the talented seamstresses in this group a message, as I'd prefer to pay for services from a local.

I'm super excited to be at this point, and even more so once it's complete.

Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)