Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

Ramse MoadeNew Jedi Costume (WIP)

Offline Ramse Moade Posted 14-03-2016, 01:21 AM -

So, I've started on my Jedi costume (basically I have the boots and the belt!), just waiting on a few things to arrive, and will post more pictures when the ensemble is complete!
A couple of things I'm worried about not being acceptable, is my boots, and the lightsaber belt clip. The boots I already own (they are my motorbike boots), but they only come up to mid-calf height, also, there are some reflective parts, which I will blacken over.
The belt clip isn't a Covertec clip, but hoping the covertec wheel holds my lightsaber in the clip effectively. What I'm planning on doing is widening the clip, and bending the bottom of the clip the other way around, so as not to scratch my lightsaber hilt.
I will also be painting the Jedi Pouches black, and inserting some Chicago Screws where the clips are meant to be.
Here is the link to my introduction post, which shows my lightsaber, and the Jedi belt I made with supplies from Mac-Lace Leather in Capalaba -

http://tatooinebase.com.au/forum/showthr...p?tid=1258

Here are some pics to give you a bit of an idea as to what the costume will be comprised of -
(This post was last modified: 14-03-2016, 01:24 AM by Ramse Moade.)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 14-03-2016, 08:52 PM -

If it's a standard covertec it should fit, I've personally only ever known a covertec wheel on a CB radio to be wider than the lightsaber ones.

The boots may come to the discretion of the Costume judge who judges your Costume. However on a personal opinion, I think they should be alright. They look similar to the Franklin Thomas boots wore by Darth Maul (I have a pair) and they should be okay. But again this is my opinion and not that of a judge. As the Standards say, "Over-the-calf, but not above the knee", and these do come over the calf. The problem could be in how tall your leg is. I would say, safest bet is a boot that sits between Mid-Calf to Knee.

There are alternatives, if you are going to nova, I would check out "Costume Creations by Robin". They have Jedi boots in both black and brown, both with and without Shin-spats. I have both a pair of Brown (With Spats) and Black (Without Spats) from them. Very comfortable. (about $200 I think)

[Image: Walker13023.jpg]
[Image: CAPTAIN10023.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 14-03-2016, 09:00 PM by Hopfot.)

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Ramse Moade Posted 16-03-2016, 09:09 PM -

Got an email from the people I was buying the clip from, and there was a stuff up, so will just be getting a Covertec clip now.
Also, will be getting a pair of these boots now, and just cover up the zip up the back, and add some straps around the boot, so they look similar to the bottom boots, but without the spats -
(This post was last modified: 16-03-2016, 11:27 PM by Ramse Moade.)

Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 17-03-2016, 08:14 AM -

That's awesome. While the motor cycle boots are cool, they just might not have the right amount of coverage. (You could also occasionally wear them after approval. Tongue )

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Ramse Moade Posted 19-03-2016, 10:49 PM -

Have found these boots on an Australian horse riding supplies website for $66, looks like they don't have any zips, so won't have to worry about covering them up!
http://www.equissentials.com.au/Riding_B...520050.htm

Will still attach a couple of straps around the top of the boots similar to Obi Wan's

Back to top Find
Offline Tobalation Posted 20-03-2016, 06:26 PM -
Tatooine Member

Hi Ramse Moade,

Welcome to Tatooine Base!

Looks like you are off to an excellent start. Well done!
If you are in any doubt about a piece of your costume, you can always start a thread or ask a Jedi Costume Judge on the international Rebel Legion page http://www.rebellegion.com That site is pretty big, if you need any help navigating please let one of us on here know.

I am the current Jedi Temple master for our Base. If you have any Jedi questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Will you be going to Gold Coast Supanova?

Tom
Back to top Find
Offline Ramse Moade Posted 20-03-2016, 08:59 PM -

Thanks Toblation!
Yes, looking at going to GC Supanova, so hoping all the bits and pieces arrive in time before then, as it's not far away. Mostly depends on my roster as well, as I work as an RN in the Cath Lab at one of the GC hospitals, and although we get the weekends off, we are on call every now and then over weekends, so hoping it's one of my real weekends off!
Back to top Find
Offline Ramse Moade Posted 06-04-2016, 10:42 PM -

My Covertec clip and Jedi food capsules arrived, but still waiting for the pouches to arrive, and the costume I ordered was pretty pants really (they always look better in the pictures, don't they?!), so making my own. Have bought a white linen bathrobe from H&M in Brisbane, and getting it shortened (using the cut off section as the obi), a black linen shirt for the under tunic (with Chinese style collar), some white linen trousers, and bought some grey linen from Spotlight, and cut it to shape for the tabards. Pics to follow!
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)