Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

Rebel RachJedi Boots

Offline Rebel Rach Posted 15-12-2012, 08:11 PM -

Hi Guys
Just contemplating Jedi robes and wondered if these boots would meet approval?

Boots have to match the belt or obi is that right?

Cheers
Rach
Tongue

http://www.horseland.com.au/dublin-unive...boots.html
Back to top Find
Offline Moxxxie Posted 15-12-2012, 10:15 PM -
Base Websmith

I cant help you on this one, unfortunately, but I cant seem to access the link. It says it's a 404 error?
Back to top Find
Offline Chewie Posted 15-12-2012, 10:17 PM -

Hello Rebel Rach,

Most people do find it harder to get a jedi style boot, but there are a number of things to consider.

1. The boot must be at a minimum of calf level and cannot extend past the knee
2. Your boot colour must be the same colour as that of your belt, namely if you have a dark brown belt, you need dark brown boots, light brown with light brown, black with black, etc.
3. There are 2 main style of boots used, one been the easiest the equestrian style and the other is a lace up boot with a leather splat (namely the ones Obi-wan and Anikin wears). There are many jedi with many different styles to these boots, some include Qui-Gon Jinn which has a 8 strap feature on the front, Kit Fisto which has a buckle on the outter ankle of the boot, Bultar Swan has a zipper on the inner side of the boots, and the list goes on, but all of these styles have a square cut on the top, there isn't anything against it but it is something to consider.

I do hope this helps, but ultimately the choice is yours on which boot you feel fits your outfit. And make sure you get all the comfort you need from that boot, for some people might say it is fine to wear it after 5 minutes but will regreat having them after 30 minutes of standing, and you can imagine what they will say if they were walking.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Rebel Rach Posted 16-12-2012, 12:41 AM -

Thanks Guys!

Chewie that is very useful info....I can't even imagine trooping in the wrong boots! Ouch!!

Moxxxie, this link should work:

http://www.horseland.com.au/dublin-unive...boots.html

These were recommended to me by Azrael on the Redback forum in Brissie. You're Brissie based aren't you?
Cheers
Rach
Back to top Find
Offline Alcfalath Posted 16-12-2012, 02:08 AM -

Ive been told to stay away from these... They dont breathe, so your legs will swell and get stuck in them, and being the budget riding boot series, they arent particularly comfortable, to ride and stand in..

Best bet is a guy called Daniel in South America..

https://www.facebook.com/JDOSprops
Back to top Find
Offline Chewie Posted 16-12-2012, 08:44 AM -

If you do chose to get your boots from Jdos, be prepared to wait. I ordered and paided for a pair of boots for my Kit Fisto off him on on the 17th of April and I have only seen one boot made to this date. I do like the quality and he does go in depth with measurring your foot and leg, but the communication from him is very slow, you will be lucky to hear from him after one month.

Again I'm not saying to stay away from him, just to be prepared to wait.

[Image: 01_zps8e6f0fa9.jpg]
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 17-12-2012, 01:23 AM -

I have a pair of the Duplins from Horseland. And they might be nice and comfy, but for someone who has a calf muscle, not easy to get on or off. So I modified them to be shorter and they did fit better, but still near impossible to remove. Since I have been using German jack boots on my NR Jedi.

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)