Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

MooHello from Brisbanes Northside

Offline Moo Posted 26-07-2015, 02:57 PM -
Tatooine Member

Hi everyone, I'm Murray, but my friends and family all call me Captain Moo (Moo for short). I've been lurking around these forums for quite some time, and thought I would finally go ahead and join in the conversations.

I've loved following the exploits of the Rebel Legion, 501st, and the Mando Mercs via the fan sites and youtube videos.

I've been looking at Twin Roses Designs for getting a generic Jedi costume put together (further down the track I plan on crafting my own).

I look forward to lurking around some more, and hopefully commenting a bit more in the future.

[Image: h3e9BHK.png]
Back to top Find
Offline Apok Posted 26-07-2015, 04:33 PM -
Drop Bear Squadron Leader

Welcome Moo. Happy lurking. Ask questions if you need to.
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 26-07-2015, 07:03 PM -

Welcome Moo, that should be an easy name to remember. Big Grin
As Apok said, lurk away, and ask questions.

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Tobalation Posted 26-07-2015, 10:17 PM -
Tatooine Member

Welcome Captain Moo.
I have several items from Twin Roses and they are fantastic!
Message Andrea there, she is very helpful.

Ask questions on here too. Twin Roses can make tunics, but you will need some Jedi boots, pouches and some food capsules. And the best part of the costume... the lightsaber!

Their can be different styles of generic Jedi, what did you have in mind?
Lots of knowledge on these forums Smile
Back to top Find
Offline Moo Posted 27-07-2015, 04:34 PM -
Tatooine Member

Thanks for the warm welcomes folks!

I've had a look at a post by Hopfot - Jedi Costuming Resources, which is packed full of goodness. There's so much information in here that it may take a while to get through it all.

My first big step is to think of a style that I really like. Every time I come across a different picture I think 'THAT"S THE ONE FOR ME!'. I have my heart set on purchasing my first costume, as a solid starting point, and then I hope to do more of the creative process myself for any other future robes.

It seems for custom lightsabers, I'll be wanting to shop overseas, or does anyone know of a place is Aus that is able to do this also?

Thanks again everyone

Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 27-07-2015, 05:45 PM -
Tatooine Member

welcome to the Base!

we have some very talented members here so if you need a hand with costumes start with our membership officer Kayle aka Mammasith!
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 28-07-2015, 07:45 AM -

That's why I made the thread. Wink
Although we probably do need to make a new one. I made that back in the early days of this forum. Tongue

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Rebelrach Posted 29-07-2015, 01:11 PM -
Public Relations Officer

Hey Moo
Welcome, Jedi's rock!
Twin Roses is an excellent choice for Jedi robes.
Can I also suggest you check out Cosplaysky for 3 'generic' Jedi costumes - they do a cream and brown version of Obi Wan Kenobi and a beige Mace Windu. They are excellent costumes and come with an inner tunic and robe for a great price, around $100USD shipped. You will need a better Jedi belt for your costume than the one that this comes with, but if you are price conscious Cosplaysky is a great site. Several of us Jedi (including myself) have Cosplaysky Jedi costumes and they are of a high, approval standard.

At the moment they are even having a sale on the white Obi Wan Kenobi robes, if you want to have a look to gather information. Do check back on the forum and ask before you purchase anything - boots or belts or anything, so we can help you with what is an approvable standard.

http://cosplaysky.com/star-wars-kenobi-j...-made.html
Back to top Find
Offline Apok Posted 29-07-2015, 08:15 PM -
Drop Bear Squadron Leader

You can also contact Mammasith. She does amazing work with sewing costumes and does commission work. She has done plenty of costumes for people. Plus she is local and Northside as well. At worst she will give you some great options and advice.
Back to top Find
Offline Moo Posted 31-07-2015, 05:30 PM -
Tatooine Member

Thanks for the advice Rebelrach, I've gone and purchased the cream Obi Wan Kenobi robes. I'm expecting I'll need to do some alterations to the costume to get it fitting perfectly, but with it being on sale it seems a good idea to take advantage of the lower price to at least get an idea of what I'll need to do.

Thanks for the offer mammasith. I'll see how I go with this one, but I can see myself in the future bugging you for some advice or hiring your expertise.

Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)