Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

DarkwarOlder Padawan

Offline Darkwar Posted 02-06-2015, 01:01 PM -

Hi Guys, I'm new here I am not sure which character I will choose to be, as a older man there is not a lot to choose from but I will make do, my question is . . .
Are there any sewing patterns out there that can be used to make robes etc. I have found boots at costume creations by Robin which I saw on other threads as being approved and
What is with the armour this appears to be so hard to get any clues on how to obtain parts for armour that are approved . . . . Thanks in advance
Back to top Find
Offline Apok Posted 02-06-2015, 03:10 PM -
Drop Bear Squadron Leader

Older never stops anyone. Maybe armour bites might though haha. What type of armour were you looking at getting? Clone? Old Republic Jedi?

Mammasith is a good go to for robes and the like. Have a chat to her. Moxxxie, Satay and Snarky I think sewed their own as well. They may be able to point you to patterns.

Welcome aboard.
Back to top Find
Offline Tobalation Posted 02-06-2015, 08:58 PM -
Tatooine Member

Welcome Darkwar.

This base is a treasure trove of information. Let us know a bit more about what you want and we are bound to have an expert.
Back to top Find
Offline Darkwar Posted 02-06-2015, 11:23 PM -

Hi wow thanks for the response I am new to forums this is the first time . . . . I was thinking Imperial knights for the armour, but I will start with a basic Jedi outfit first, some people say I look a bit like Harrison Ford, so maybe as a second I will get a Han Solo outfit that will be the older Han Solo from StarWars 7 that will be more to my age when its released I can see what outfits might suit me, but yes I think to start a basic Jedi robe and tunic etc. Do I have to choose a character is there such a thing as a basic Jedi outfit?

I love your outfit mammasith and snarkys as well I saw them both at Dreamworld on the 23 24th of May had my pix taken with you and gave a bucket load of money to make a wish.
I am quite willing to have a tunic and robe made but my sister is a Tailor and very talented to boot, so I thought if there were patterns I could show her first . . . If not I may take that offer mammasith always willing to keep it in the family so to speak . . . Thanks guys
Back to top Find
Offline crypto Posted 03-06-2015, 07:17 AM -
Tatooine Member

Welcome to the forums !

Found this tutorial that might help you and your sister put something together - http://www.thejediassembly.com/tutorials.php?id=sh5

A google search will bring up good results and you can sign up to the main RL forums to read up on other builds. - http://www.rebellegion.com/
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 03-06-2015, 07:39 AM -

G'days Darkwar and welcome to TB.
The Imperial knights is a great idea, I'll straight up say, not an easy one as far as armoured knights go. It has the most specific Standards of any Jedi / Imperial Knight.
The Imperial Knights have long been a discussion among a few Queensland members of both Rebel legion and 501st, myself included. I remember when I joined 6 years ago a group of us had discussed making these costumes. And still to this day it is a costume I would either like to construct myself or see someone in this country and state construct.
A basic Generic Jedi is a great place to start. The Basic Jedi robes are fairly easy to put together with some knowledge on sewing machine operation.
To help you out, some time ago I started to compile a list of resources for the Jedi. It's a bit out dated but should still be of use. It also has listed the Robins boots, of which I have 2 pairs and they are fantastic.
Jedi Resources thread - http://tatooinebase.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=137
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2015, 07:40 AM by Hopfot.)

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Darkwar Posted 03-06-2015, 10:43 AM -

Wow thanks guys i will check the links when I get home tonight
Back to top Find
Offline Darkwar Posted 03-06-2015, 10:57 PM -

Oh boy this is all so confusing, maybe I will take up the offer from mammasith and she could possibly help me out it would be great and guidance would be great until I can get into the swing of things, I really want to go out there and make a difference, also I will ask my daughter she expressed interest via facebook, I believe they gave her some links, I will see if she still is interested, maybe she got confused as well, she has never done forums either, I will get back to you about her as I don't see her to often as I work long hours.
Also can I put a picture of myself up so people can at least see who they are talking to, I think it only polite as I can see your picture
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 04-06-2015, 07:34 AM -

You can, make it your Avatar on here.
Speaking of, I should get around to changing my Avatar, had this vest one since they first announced the now failed Star Wars Detours.

And yes, it can all seem overwhelming when you first start. But in time it will all clear up and you'll be thinking of what can you do for the 5th or 10th costume. Laugh Tongue (Some of us do go a little beyond 1 costume)

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Darkwar Posted 04-06-2015, 12:08 PM -

Before I go to far, is it a pre requisite that I have to live in Qld to be a member with you guys??
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)