Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

Thrawn V'junTroop Report: Brisbane Airport Volunteers Party

Offline Thrawn V'jun Posted 09-12-2012, 09:57 PM -

Tada! May I present my first Troop Report for my 3rd Trooping Event as an Approved Rebel Legion member Big Grin (copied from the Redback Garrison forums)

Date:
Sun 09 Dec 2012

Venue:
31 Vale St, Wilston

Time:
1pm gathering for 2pm start to 5pm finish

Mission:
To hijack a party for the Brisbane Airport Ambassador volunteers, and to ransom innocent old ladies and gents to free Santa... In other words to be our usual awesome selves

Trooper Attendance:
Oevil1
MammaSith
Cyclops
Stormraven
Phoenix
Ashbash
Thrawn V'jun

Guest Trooper Attendance:
Cavalier

Support Crew:
Nil

Detail:
We all arrived at Oveil1/MammaSith's parent's humble abode around 1:30pm. As we got armoured up in the airconditioned rooms, the volunteer guests arrived out the back.
Once we had all assembled and made last minute armour adjustments, the airport volunteers came inside to find the room filled with Stormtroopers, 2 Princess Leia's, a Darth Vader and a Jedi Knight (me!!!). The look on each of the volunteer's faces, and the happily-shocked gasps and laughs, were priceless
Then the evil Stormies then issued their orders that Santa had been kidnapped, and that a ransom for a charity would be required to free him (else Santa would have been sleighed )
Thus photo opportunities began, with much laughter and memories had by all, especially with Phoenix and/or Oevil1 engaging in humorous banter.
And so we took the party back outside posing for more photos. Ash was drawn to squeeze into the cubby house, and our 181st pilot spied a ride and commandered the nice orange hotrod that was parked in the back - the all the white armoured ghosts in the trailer.
Then the Stormtroopers caught Princess Leia downloading secret Battle Station plans into a compost droid... before paying respect by a large tree in memory of fallen speeder scouts (who must have had their work xmas party awards night the night before the Rebels attacked Endor :hehehe
After inspecting/searching the premises for any droids, Tatooine's suns persuaded the troopers to bravely retreat (hmmm memories of Sir Robin's brave retreat from Monty Python and the Holy Grail :lol to the safety of the airconditioned interior to de-armour (or in MammaSith and my case de-robed).
Thus we spent the remaining 2-3 hours mingling and snacking with the volunteers and most gracious hosts

Charity Funds Raised:
$83.00 (I assume for the Starlight foundation)

Injuries:
Phoenix and Ashbash: Diagnosis: Childrens Ragdoll Syndrome and Exhaustion by children

Malfunctions:
Ashbash: One button on her Longfin shirt came off...

Public Incidents:
None (though I imagine some would deem me proudly wearing my Rebel Legion shirt/Jedi robes a public incident )

Mission Status:
Success!!!

Photos:
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/50...9-12-2012/
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2012, 10:00 PM by Thrawn V'jun.)

"May The Force be with you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
"Good. Twice the pride, double the fall. I've been looking forward to this" - Count Dooku
"If so powerful you are, why leave?" - Jedi Master Yoda
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 09-12-2012, 10:54 PM -
Tatooine Jedi

Loved that little hotrod Big Grin , car makers really need to reinvent the running board on cars Cool .
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)