Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

Introduce yourself to the rest of TB.

Offline JediWoman Posted 12-01-2013, 12:40 PM -

Greetings - KC (Aurore Avalon Dabak on face.) here from Western Australia - Scorpions.
Currently approved Jawa and female Tusken. Working on a few things at the moment. Love costuming and collecting SW memorabilia and toys. Have a lot of interests and hobbies none of which include watching television or sports. I'm proactive in promoting Star Wars as a member of the 501st/Rebel Legion and as a fan without the use of costumes, as I'm surrounded by SW at home, in the car and at my office.

Don't answer to or associate with the names/labels dork, geek, nerd or fanboy/girl. Maybe cos these words weren't around when I was a child.. I'm a child of the sixties, 13 y.o. when Ep 4 came out.

If you come to W.A. Perth to be exact, look up Nassik and/or myself, and we'll take you out and about and have some duelling or play SW Trivial pursuit, the DVD version, to test your SW knowledge.

My uncle was in SW Episode 4 as a TK, not as boastful as Ewan McGregor's uncle's part, but still cool to me.

Had my honeymoon at CIV, where else? Living with my Jedi/TK/Imp officer/Sith Lord/Mando etc hubby in the State far far away.

Here's a picture of me from my last troop.
[Image: IMGP00027_zps3e5d1209.jpg]

May the Force be With You All...

[Image: KCSig.jpg]
Back to top Find
Offline Tropicana Posted 12-01-2013, 06:43 PM -

Hello all, an absolute newbie here! I go by the name Tropicana. It's been fantastic to read everyone's introductions and stories Smile
I have yet to start a SW costume, still very much in the researching and planning stage of the process - I have been a uni bum for the past 4 years but now I've started work as a pharmacist intern, so it's nice to have finally have a wage! I plan to start out with a generic human jedi, then next a Twi'lek (since I belong to Ryloth base!) and eventually, my 5-year goal is to have a Shaak Ti costume.
Joining the RL forums has opened up a plethora of information/resources and help that I never knew existed. You guys are all very inspiring and I can't wait until I can join you on troops Big Grin
Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 12-01-2013, 10:28 PM -
Tatooine Member

Hello to both Jediwomen and Tropicana, welcome to the Forum.

Good to see you have found us, if you could both please click on the MY GROUPS up the top and then click on the State you are part of, when you have done that the State Captain will be noticed of your request and will confirm your membership.

for the time being i will move the event you created to the State's Upcoming Events.

Hello all and welcome.
Back to top Find
Offline nassik Posted 12-01-2013, 11:39 PM -

Greetings. I'm a currently inactive Rebel Legion member from WA. I originally joined the Rebel Legion while living in Southern California.
[Image: 2455-A.jpg]

My lovely bride is the cute jawa pictured above.

I am also a member of the 501st Legion and The Jedi Assembly. My current costumes include a stormtrooper, Imperial officer, Darth Nihilus, two different sets of jedi robes, a full ghosbusters uniform (with proton pack), and two Santa Claus suits.
I am an avid Star Wars and Ghostbusters fan. I enjoy costuming and gear up whenever possible.
(This post was last modified: 13-01-2013, 12:01 AM by nassik.)

[Image: RebelPilotSig_zps4a3d814e.jpg]
Back to top Find
Offline _Master_Skywalker_ Posted 13-01-2013, 04:21 PM -
Rebel Legion Member

Welcome to the RL. Looking forward to seeing you both complete an application for RL membership, that would be great for WA. Nassik as your costume is an old frame it would need submitting again to be reactivated I believe.

Hiya Tropicana, Ive already seen you in Ryloth Base, we look forward to having you as a member hopefully soon Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 13-01-2013, 04:25 PM by _Master_Skywalker_.)
Back to top Find
Offline nassik Posted 13-01-2013, 08:58 PM -

Fortunately, JediWoman is an approved Rebel Legion member so she's in good shape. As for me, the standards have changed since I became a member years ago. Now, my beloved grays are approvable (according to the costume standards).

When I originally joined, jedi were required to wear browns. And then alternate color sets could be submitted for approval. But, even if I simply re-apply, I can do so with my grays. Great for me as I prefer my grays. I still have my browns, of course. The grays are simply much cooler.

[Image: 2425-A.jpg]

[Image: RebelPilotSig_zps4a3d814e.jpg]
Back to top Find
awesomedude1 Posted 16-01-2013, 10:11 PM -

Hello everyone My name is awesomedude1.
I am a brisbane, guy I am 18 and have been a SW fan since I was 6.
I just jioned the club and dont have a costume yet Sad I anyone could help that would be great.
Offline _Master_Skywalker_ Posted 19-01-2013, 07:46 AM -
Rebel Legion Member

Welcome to the RL. There are many people with a lot of knowledge in Qld. What costume will you be making ?
Back to top Find
Offline Decker Posted 28-01-2013, 11:38 AM -

Hey everyone. Decker here, or Brett from Brisbane in the far off land of reality.. I had my first costume approved last year (Formal Jedi named Blaidd Gwyn),
coming to the RL in sort of the reverse direction. My wife and I made costumes (Me a jedi, her a Pregnant Padme) for a costume party, and not being able to do things by halves, we put a lot of effort in and ended up with some good outfits. I then found out about the RL and so I put in a bit of extra work, bought some boots and belt pouches and made my own light sabre, and it was up to scratch. A couple of issues have mean't I've not been able to troop yet, but definitely looking to change that early this year. Just watching the forum now to see what's coming up.
Oh, I also have a 3yo daughter and she is mad about Leia Smile
Looking forward to meeting some of the other local members real soon...
Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 29-01-2013, 11:09 AM -
Tatooine Member

Welcome to RL and Tatooine!

we have a few great troops coming up hope to have you fully signed up by then.
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
2 Guest(s)