Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

Introduce yourself to the rest of TB.

Offline Payney Posted 08-12-2012, 11:14 AM -
Master Droid Builder

Seeing as this is a new forum, we are all new here. So I would like to start off by introducing myself to all of you. Some I know, most I don't, so here goes....

My name is Michael, most guys call me Payney, a typical Aussie Surname nickname. I'm 34 years old, Brisbane boy, and I have been a Star Wars Fanboy for as long as I could remember. I am married, to my wonderful wife Sara, and have 3 kids, Hayden (8), Cooper (5), and Kaya (2). My wife... tolerates my facination with SW, but I am slowly swaying her over to the dark side Wink I have been collecting SW stuff since I was 12, but only seriously for the last 5 years. I met/heard about the 501st at Supanova here in Brissy in 2009. Joined up and became a full member in February 2010, with a bought-off-Ebay FX kit, which someone had already made, and I just needed to modify for my short stature Tongue That then started the bug, real bad! I then bought a Biker Scout, Gunner, AT-ST Driver off the Legion boards, scratch built my Bossk with the help of my lovely wife, and some awesome Latex parts off Ebay. Early this year was a mad rush to get 2 costumes finished for Dreamwrold. A BARC, or Kashyyyk Trooper, and a Bith, both of which are RL approved. I just recently helped out on a run of Jawas, which is 501st approved, and will soon be RL aswell.

I am also on a quest to have my own R2. I have been working on him for about 2 1/2 years. I am now getting down to the nitty gritty of having the majority of the parts and starting assembly. I'm hoping to have him up and running by DW2013. I also have other 501st and RL costumes in the works, but more on that in the not to distant future.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2012, 11:54 AM by Payney.)
Back to top Find
Offline Jediprincess Posted 08-12-2012, 11:27 AM -
Tatooine Member

Hey Payney. Good to see you here. I've just jumped on too.

My name's Tamsin. I've been a hard core Star Wars Fan since about 1990.

I started making costumes in 1996, but I only just joined the RL and 501st last year.

It took me a while to join the 501st, as most of my costumes are RL, and I was actually a member of RL, just before I became a member of the 501st.

At this stage I have 10 RL costumes, and 7 501st costumes. Plus a few more for each on their way. Smile
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 08-12-2012, 12:33 PM -

Aw man, again Tongue

The name's Scott Higgins, The nickname's Hop or Hoppy the Forum name's Hopfot. You can call me by any one of these names.

Star Wars fan for as long as I have lived. Found the Rebel Legion and 501st Legion 4 years ago. Had my first Rebel costume, old Republic jedi, before my first Stormtrooper, but joined the 501st first as an imperial at heart I am. However still avid support of the good ways of the Rebellion. (Just the Imperials have all the best tech Tongue ) I now have alot of costumes and am a member of 4 costuming groups. Listing also Mando mercs and Drawn 2 Life.

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Sandman Posted 09-12-2012, 02:19 PM -
Tatooine Member

Great thread Payney.

So im Steven, everyone calls me beanie since its my nickname since i was in primary school like 20 years ago.

i have always been a fan of all types of Sci-Fi Starwars is right up there, just behind Back to the Future, but i have been buying and collecting Starwars toys well before i was even in the RL or 501st.

i was introduced to costuming in Starwars when Kuki asked me to be a tusken for a sounds of scifi in the city back in 2006... and enjoyed it so much that i bought the Tusken Raider and became a member of the 501st in 2007 and joined the Rebel Legion in 2009 also with the Tusken.

Since then i have bought and made 5 RL costumes and another on the way plus about 15 or so 501st.... yeah im an addict!

i also own a Cybermen that Darren in SA made for me.
Back to top Find
Offline jabbathenutt Posted 09-12-2012, 08:03 PM -
Sith in Disguise

yay!! i am here now

My name is Damian, but most people call me Damo
Jedi name : Domi-Nae-Artek
long time SW fan but only got into the costuming side of things after meeting some awesome people (& a fox Wink ) at Ep3 Premiere.
I travel all around our great country now to troop at awesome events, my fav being Dreamworld Wink
My fav character is Boba Fett and i am an approved SL in the 501st
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2012, 09:26 PM by jabbathenutt.)
Back to top Find
Offline Draco Posted 09-12-2012, 09:22 PM -

My name is Richard but I use the name Draco in every club I’m in. I first started dressing up about 15 years ago when I joined the SCA.
This is when I was the King.
[Image: n537596126_1022630_2658.jpg]
I have known The Wolf for a very long time and I had been seeing his stormtrooper photos on facebook. So about 3 years ago I asked him about it and one thing lead to another. The short story is I built a Darth Revan costume and joined the 501st. I now have several more costumes and I am the COG for the Redback Garrison. I also run the Sith Vs Jedi lightsaber duelling team.
[Image: 183221_10150099330718883_549278882_64117...1402_n.jpg]
Two years ago I went to Celebration V and while I was there I saw the Mandalorian Mercs for the first time. There was no group in Australia at that point. When I got back to Aus I made a Mando costume and with a few other keen people we started the Sandhawk Clan. I am currently the Alor’ad for the clan.
[Image: 302654_10151310943606802_1887927114_n.jpg]
Earlier this year I joined the Rebel Legion with my Jedi costume that I had actually owned for a little while but hadn't got around to getting official approval.
[Image: 525059_4199413738020_730070662_n.jpg]
I’m also a member of Drawn 2 Life with a Deadpool costume and I’m a member of the Republic Service Organisation.
[Image: 530821_10151161502633580_1707312363_n.jpg]
[Image: 418903_350286301724399_463963553_n.jpg]
I think thats about it.
Back to top Find
Offline Thrawn V'jun Posted 09-12-2012, 10:25 PM -

"Hello there!" - Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi
"looking? Found someone you have mmmhh-hmm-hm-hm" - Yoda

Hiiii I'm Thrawn V'jun! In real life I go by the name of Shaun Valjan. And my approved Jedi Knight's name is Thraun V'jun Wink

Ironically throughout my childhood I had the surname of Lucas - and the rest is basically history Cool Star Wars has been one of my constant loves. I started out with collecting Star Wars lego when it was first released back in 1999, then in 2002 I amassed a big collection of Star Wars: Trading Card Game (SW:TCG) with the help of my equally Star Wars-obsessed school friend. Then I moved onto Star Wars Miniatures.
Soon I realised that I was working and had money I could spend... then The thought occured - I can hunt down and buy a lightsaber! Long story short I have 12 lightsabers and a 13th on the way (2 Master Replica Ultimate Construction kits; 10 Hasbro Force FXs; and soon to be 2 Ultrasabers) :p
After a few years of attending social events/the occaisional day at work with one of my precious lightsabers, my friends started asking me when I'd get a Jedi costume.
Enter lightbulb moment.
I resolved to make a Jedi costume 1-2 months before Gold Coast supanova - and succeded!!! Big Grin
Attended GoldNova and lost my mind with ideas when I properly encountered the Rebel Legion in force (pun :p). Fast forward a few months and I finally put my costume up for approval.
2 months later and here I am Smile And I couldn't be happier!!! I think I have found a calling... to use my Jedi costume for good and hang with a bunch of awesome people who are just as crazy/sci-fi mad as I am - who also have Star Wars costumes Big Grin

*swivels around on high-backed leather chair whilst steepling fingers together, in the voice of Dr Evil*
Why hello 2013, I have been expecting you... You will reveal all the awesome times to be had. See you in the future, fellow troopers (mwhaahaaaaahaahaaa)
:p

"May The Force be with you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
"Good. Twice the pride, double the fall. I've been looking forward to this" - Count Dooku
"If so powerful you are, why leave?" - Jedi Master Yoda
Back to top Find
Offline Awoo Posted 17-12-2012, 10:39 AM -

Hi Guys

My name is Aidan, I go by Awoo in most forums. I live in Toowoomba.

I was introduced to Star Wars fairly young (not quite sure when) but ever since have been interested in all thing Star Wars.

I first found out about the 501st through the Blu-ray Star Wars release and from there discovered the RL.

I've just been on the 501 and RL forums since october 2011, slowly working on my Anakin build. I was approved with my Pre armour Darth Vader in the 501st (this morning) and I have just submitted my RL application for my good Anakin Smile.

Look forward to being a part of all the fun
Back to top Find
Offline Thrawn V'jun Posted 17-12-2012, 11:18 AM -

Congrats Awoo!!! Smile

"May The Force be with you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
"Good. Twice the pride, double the fall. I've been looking forward to this" - Count Dooku
"If so powerful you are, why leave?" - Jedi Master Yoda
Back to top Find
Offline Moxxxie Posted 17-12-2012, 05:16 PM -
Base Websmith

My name is Jacqui, although most people here know me as "Moxxxie".
I first got the nickname while playing MMORPG's, specifically, Dungeons and Dragons Online.

I first found out about the 501st when I saw an add in "Empire" magazine, a magazine about films, for the documentary "Heart of an Empire". way back in 2008. I looked into it all, and discovered the fantastic work that the 501st and RL do in the name of charity. I instantly decided that I wanted to grow up to be a Stormtrooper, and the rest is history.

I've now got several costumes from both sides of the force: Stormtrooper, Asajj Ventress, Reserve Tie Fighter, Imperial Officer, Juno Eclipse, Atris, and one or two in the works...
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
4 Guest(s)