Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

Introduce yourself to the rest of TB.

Offline Sandman Posted 16-03-2013, 07:26 PM -
Tatooine Member

welcome!

theres a few members here that have BITHs, Payneys got one like you have, hit him up for questins, as for build threads, jump over to here http://tatooinebase.com.au/forum/forumdi...php?fid=21 and start one up.
Back to top Find
Offline Alcfalath Posted 18-03-2013, 01:36 AM -

Heya Chris... good to see you finally on here..

Btw, did you know that your tusken is approvable as well Wink
Back to top Find
Offline Satay Posted 23-04-2013, 06:02 PM -

Howdy rebels,

My name is Sarah and I've been cosplaying for a few years now, but only debuted my first Star Wars cosplay this past weekend at Gold Coast Supanova (I was running around as a pink Twi'lek Jedi and my boyfriend was Darth Maul). A few members came up to us at different times during the day and encouraged us to join both the 501st and Rebel Legion, so I thought I'd just jump on and say hello!

Cheers,
Sarah.

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 23-04-2013, 06:21 PM -
Tatooine Member

hello Sarah and welcome to the rebel legion, good to have you here.

please make your at home here, and take a look around, yes its quite but we are gearing up for Dreamworld on 4th may... and if you get your Jedi pictures in "ssshhh, dont tell anyone this" but we may be able to make you a legion member before the event if the jedi judges see your costume fit for RL.

feel free to create a new thread and post pics and ask comments about the costume you have.

again Welcome, and hope to meet you very soon.
Back to top Find
Offline Satay Posted 23-04-2013, 11:51 PM -

Thanks for the welcome Sandman! Big Grin

One of the RL members on the weekend told me about the Dreamworld event. I will be donning my Twi'lek costume for May the 4th, but unfortunately it also coincides with Free Comic Book Day and I'm already booked for a comic book signing at Ace Comics & Games (my partner is a comic book artist and I do the lettering for his issues). The timing sucks, because I would have loved to have been a part of such a fun event Sad

Is it better that I create a thread with pics of my costume in 'Costume Progress Pics & Questions' before submitting my application for membership?

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 24-04-2013, 07:27 AM -
Tatooine Jedi

Welcome Satay I saw you and Maul briefly at SupaNova and I think your costume was pretty close to being approved as it is, but did any of the RL guys mention anything to you about doing something extra to the costume? If not I would submitt your approval pics first, but I would still like to see you put up a work in progress (wip) thread - particularly on how you made your Lekku.

Good luck with supporting the Free Comi book day, while many of us will be at DreamWorld there were a few other events around that are worth attening. Also the Dreamworld event is on Sunday as well so if you guys are free you are welcome to join us then, even if you aren't approved you should talk to Sandaman about picking up some mates rates passes ( gives you 50% off the enrty price )

Hope to see you both again sometime soon
Back to top Find
Offline Satay Posted 24-04-2013, 11:44 AM -

Oh, that's awesome! Cheers Stormraven Big Grin None of the RL members mentioned doing anything extra to my costume, but I'll get some pics together for you guys to give me your opinions anyway Smile

Sarah

Back to top Find
Offline The Sniper Posted 24-04-2013, 03:50 PM -
<span style="color: #FF00FF;"><strong>Fallen Rebel Hero</strong></span>

Hi Satay, Sniper here giving you a warm Tatooine welcome. I was one of the Rebel Fleet Troopers during the march and wore my red and black Jedi over the SupaNova weekend.

Most of the Rebels here in Queensland are Redback members and a few of us are also Mando Mercs. This means there is a lot of troops on through out the year, so plenty to time to do a troop or 2.

Anyways welcome and hope to see you at a troop/event soon.
Back to top Find
Offline Rebelrach Posted 24-04-2013, 08:26 PM -
Public Relations Officer

Hey Satay!
I saw you too and said hello before the parade on the Sunday....I was the only chick in the 4 Rebel Fleet Troopers...since then I've seen your pic in a few publications and such, you and boyfriend looked great!

Hope you can join us! Rebels rock! Please feel free to ask any questions about the Rebels...I'm only a newbie but you're in great hands here with everyone happy to help out. Yep Stormraven is right, Dreamworld runs Saturday and Sunday....

May The Force Be With You!
Back to top Find
Offline Satay Posted 25-04-2013, 08:18 AM -

Hi Sniper and Rebelrach! Thanks for the welcome. I remember meeting both of you at the parade--your RFT costumes were great! Big Grin

My partner is looking into joining the 501st with his Darth Maul costume. As yet, I don't have any costumes that would qualify me for membership, but might look into something in the future. What can I say? I love the good guys! In fact, I'm at the beginning stages of making an Ahsoka Tano costume for Brisnova in November. Can't wait!

Sarah

Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)