Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

Thrawn V'junIdeas for my next costume (Rebel Fleet Trooper)

Offline Thrawn V'jun Posted 15-01-2013, 02:05 PM -

So I've been sitting at work chatting about the Star Wars minis I now have arrayed all over my desk, and I spied the Rebel Fleet Troop standing there...

So I figure the Rebel Fleet Trooper shouldn't be too hard to make - I already have a blaster, and I'm sure cargo pants will be easy to find. I've got a black blaster holster so I wonder if I could use that instead of a brown holster...

Any tips on where I could get myself a helmet, also ideas for belts to use, and where I could find the black vests with pockets.
About the bibs for the blue/gray shirts, any tips regarding that? I suppose buying a normal work shirt and taking it to a seaming shop to get it modified?

I just did a quick read through the RL CRL and RFT forums and have some ideas now... Wink

Oooo I've been bitten by the costuming addiction bug again Big Grin I'm already starting to have visions of my new possible costume :p

"May The Force be with you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
"Good. Twice the pride, double the fall. I've been looking forward to this" - Count Dooku
"If so powerful you are, why leave?" - Jedi Master Yoda
Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 15-01-2013, 07:52 PM -
Tatooine Member

yeah mate, im on 5 costumes on RL and working on 16th and 17th on 501st, you can pick up a fleet helmet from the boards for around $200 plus shipping and then your just about done. very simple costume to do and wear, i might even bring him for the Dreamworld along with Rex.
Back to top Find
Offline The Sniper Posted 16-01-2013, 05:54 PM -
<span style="color: #FF00FF;"><strong>Fallen Rebel Hero</strong></span>

RFT is a good one to have. Light to wear, easy to store, fairly easy to put together and a good one in the heat. I traded my Imperial Gunner for the RFT and just redid the helmet. Check over on the main Rebel Legion forums about the CRL's and all the bit and pieces and links are there. If you need an hand, just ask. Sniper
Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 17-01-2013, 01:03 PM -
Tatooine Member

dont forget to look at the following threads back on the old rebel forum for legion wide sales of items.

Junkyard (For Sale/Trade)
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewfor...59a1cd2408

Star Wars Costume & Prop Sale Forum
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewfor...59a1cd2408
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 21-01-2013, 01:31 AM -

(16-01-2013, 05:54 PM)The Sniper Wrote: RFT is a good one to have. Light to wear, easy to store, fairly easy to put together and a good one in the heat. I traded my Imperial Gunner for the RFT and just redid the helmet. Check over on the main Rebel Legion forums about the CRL's and all the bit and pieces and links are there. If you need an hand, just ask. Sniper

And I still have to get that gunner approved. Tongue
But yeah RFTs can be pretty good for their light weight, no armour, and recognition. Eventually I'll do one again. Just wanted the Gunner more. Wink

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline _Master_Skywalker_ Posted 21-01-2013, 07:32 PM -
Rebel Legion Member

RFT's are cool !!
Back to top Find
Offline Rebelrach Posted 24-02-2013, 11:42 PM -
Public Relations Officer

Hey Guys
There are 3 of us finishing off our RFTs in Brissie in time for Gold Supea Nova and Dreamworld 2013.... ...we've got everything sourced or ordered....the helmets are coming in a kit to be made up, which will be fun.

Painted belts today...could do with some advice on the colour....? Does it need to match the brown of the leather of the holsters? Any suggestions?
Cheers Rach
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 25-02-2013, 12:53 PM -

According to the Standards, as vague as they always are Rolleyes , I would suggest attempting to make them match. However, so long as they are either one of these 2 colours, i don't think it should matter.
[Image: RFT_beltcolor.png]
(This post was last modified: 25-02-2013, 12:53 PM by Hopfot.)

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Rebelrach Posted 25-02-2013, 11:29 PM -
Public Relations Officer

Thanks Hopman!
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)